Tuesday 23 July 2019

Be Good - Dusty Attic Inspiration

Welcome back to the next exciting episode of Dusty Attic Mixed Media!!
Well, in all seriousness, its another month of Dusty Attic play! I am blessed...

I am a sucker for Industrial Grunge. This month I created a cool teen boy gift. I have 4 sons and once they hit 14... I was stumped for gift ideas. 

I started framing layouts and hanging them in their rooms and making little canvases for their friends. The guys love them. 
In this day and age where photos and cards are enjoyed electronically this keeps the moment alive.. just a little bit longer.


I love how the light from the back of my house played with the tones of the canvas.. I got warm from the front!


I laid some card onto the canvas panel and used some black modelling paste to create some texture with the Checker Plate Stencil. I cut my chipboard to fit half the page & primed with white Gesso.
I had a play with my Stamps in Black and Blue Archival. There is an amazing Archival pigment pad on the market and the colour is vibrant and thick. 


I wanted to have a go at using my Distress Oxides on this project... I think i am in love. I used the re-inkers as a paint and they gave me a beautiful matt finish with Oxide tones... Heavenly! I used Rust Paste on the wall and spritzed it with water t get the run marks. Awesome trick I learnt from Finnabair herself when she was in Sydney. you can see all the elements in play in this pic!


I love these brushes... using real ones on a layout is super hot right now but I have found them to be awkward to work with... Solution = Chipboards!!
With this one I primed the Brushes in white and used clear embossing powder and Distress Oxides to colour... I love the way that the ink settled into all the pits and troughs... that was a 'happy accident'!


I used distress paste on these... I wanted a really rough weathered look to the steampunk parts. I highlighted some of the ridges with Silver and Copper waxes. 


Here's a better look....


Speaks for itself... Beautiful embossing powders from ... yep, the stamp gang!


I hope you enjoyed looking at the various ways to dress up chipboard and create your own gift.


If you liked my project be sure to look at the Dusty Attic products below and jump on to their website and snatch them up!

Abela Artistry




No comments:

Post a Comment