Thursday 15 March 2018

You said WHAT!!!

Hi all,

I just wanted to show you quickly what I did when I was creating my Scrap The Boys project for the 2018 Card makers Design team. I took the sketch from the March Challenge and created my own take on it!!

March Sketch Challenge
Scrap the Boys March Sketch Challenge

I took my older boys to my bonus sons 10th Birthday party. Well... Flip-Out wasn't quite the done thing any more and when I look up.. Guess what I saw!! Yep - Tech!!
So as mothers do... I said "Off your Devices", with the tone and the face and all. I was blessed to have had the camera in hand and these were the looks I got. I cant wait till they have kids...


I brushed on clear gesso to prime my page making sure I left lots of brush strokes in the paint. I sprinkled the embossing powder Midnight Emerald by Lindys' and achieved a textured and sparkly background to frame the boys.

I added a cog sheet and some newsprint paper to the left from the same grunge collection by Kaisercraft that I used for the card I featured on the Scrap the boys Challenge Blog for the DT project for Card Makers .  

A bit of modelling paste and a chicken wire stencil that I got from TCW... A few photos and some cog and tag dies I have in my stash from Tim Holtz. I added some interest behind the photos and a collage for my focal point in the bottom right corner to correlate with the Sketch and I'm done.

I was really pleased with how it turned out... This project was going to be be page just for Mum... some I do to inspire my fellow crafters - others are personal.. I made an exception to this one so I could celebrate the March Challenge with you all.

I look forward to seeing your creation.. 
Follow the link on the sketch to add your entry too..
Happy Scrapping!!

12 comments:

  1. Oh boy! Your photos made me smile; I can just imagine getting the same reaction here if I tried that! What a fun page you got as a result. Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. Make sure the camera is handy if you do.. ;-)

      Delete
  2. very nicke take of the sketch love it ! thank for joining us at STB and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Their faces are hilarious!!! Thanks for joining us at STB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally awesome! Love those photos! Your grungy page is perfect! Thank you for joining us at STB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, It was begging to come together while I still had all the papers out.. You never know when inspiration strikes..

      Delete
  5. Realy Cool!

    Thank you for joinig us at STB.

    greetings from Germany,
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the extra large clog, in place of the Star, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy! I have boys a couple of years younger and I can already imagine those looks on their faces lol Great page, so glad you shared it with us and thanks for joining us this month at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh lala what a very cool page !! Love it !! Thanks for joining us at STB !! Happy Easter.. xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete