Tuesday 30 July 2019

Believe in Magic - The Crafters Workshop - Guest DT July 2019

Hi Crafters!
I have my project to share with you today. 
My two passions are Paper Craft and Canvas.
I have put together a fun outdoor inspiration featuring the Winter 2019 collection.

I used a folded page and doubled the image in my junk journal...  
One for a warmer summer scene for my northern hemispher-ian crafters... 
and then for a cooler scene... for my fellow Southerners... This Aussie would rather the heat.
Hope you like my project and Happy Crafting!! 


To start I grabbed some paint. Chalk, acrylic, fluid acrylic, oxide re-inker and brayered my 'lil heart out! I used the background to test the paints against the surface so I just kept going until I had a background I was happy with. I was having so much fun experimenting. I flipped the page and kept going...


When I journal it is very much about letting the mediums speak to me and form ideas in my mind... Once I finished brayering I used TCW832 Script Words and TCW773 Connected Dots to break up the background.


I am in TOTAL love with this stencil. 
Faithful Tree TCW831 (12 x 12) is going to get a big workout. 
Here I shadowed the stenciling using two shades of the same colour. I then added a touch of yellow towards the tips. Here is the step by step for the "Warm" page


I am a bit of nature lover and feel powerfully energised when I am immersed in nature. 
 TCW686 Julies Words really resonated with me. 
I have also found a new staple for my Mixed Media stash... TCW9047 Black modelling paste
The texture is thick and the finish is a perfect matt. 


For the final embellishment I used Inspired Words TCW585 - I love the words and had planned to use them as a title on my other TCW Guest DT post. I couldn't decide; so I created a whole sheet of titles. The remainders I used here as inspiration words.. for now and then when Summer comes. I used TCW9047 Black modelling paste on cardstock and inked the edges with an inkpad!! Super quick and easy. 


Here are some close ups of the way the 
TCW Stencils came up on the page!


Can you see the texture in the modelling paste? LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!


No page is complete without a little bit of bling!! 
I really made sure y'all knew which was my preference!! I used the heart of Love Frame TCW825 as a focal point with my TCW9036 Champagne Gold Modelling Paste



I have really enjoyed the opportunity to play with some generously donated TCW mediums and stencils. Thank you to Cheryl and the team at TCW and keep watching my Instagram for some more #tcwstencillove



No comments:

Post a Comment