Sunday 5 August 2018

Art and Soul - Make a Wish - Abela Artistry

Hi Everyone.. Welcome to my inspiration post...
I really wanted to follow up on the quick bite I posted last time to show you how you can take those techniques one step further and create a Steampunk masterpiece.. 



In this project I created a black canvas with pieces of Corrugated cardstock and tissue paper using gesso as a base and also as a 'glue'. 
I primed the canvas and put the scrunched up tissue paper on top to create lots of texture. Then I layered my cardboard on top and added some gyprock mesh tape to finish the background. I then arranged my Chipboard to figure out how I wanted the piece to go... Painted it all black and then began.

I sprayed some Lindys on the background and used some wax to colour the gate to make it pop out of the background. Once dry I used some gold paint to drybrush over the surface to bring out the texture.

I gathered the chipboard that would make up the bulk of my background and used some Rust paste to age it into my coppery patina background. Once completely dry I used some wax to add a colour variation on the cogs.



I layered on my chipboard and Metals (also painted black and Waxed for colour) and saved the main focal point to last. I wasn't sure which colour direction I wanted it to head... In the end I chose some darker blues with Opal Magic paint and turquoise and silver wax to tie in the background with the foreground. 


Added some Art stones and popped a Pebble over the center of the padlock. I then used the Lindy's sprays with a brush to colour them.. I didn't want them to be too dark. If you look closely you can see where I did an experiment with a few to see.. Here's your Wheres Wally moment.. Hint: bottom corner..

Thanks for stopping by.. Happy Crafting!!

Product list

Dusty Attic: Ornate Gates - Large 
Scrap FX: Steampunk contraption
Prima/Finnabair Art Ingredients Melange
Lindys Starburst - Tibetan Poppy Teal
Lindys Moon Shadow Mist- Crows Nest
Prima Rust Effect Paste ( On Sale Now)
Art Alchemy Metallic Paint - Steampunk Copper
Art Alchemy Opal Magic Paint - Aqua Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment