Saturday 26 September 2020

Believe - Dusty Attic Moodboard Challenge September 2020

         Hey, Hey! Welcome to another month of challenges! I was so excited to tackle this one, I am a neutral girl through and through and I struggle with 'pop's of colour. So I knew that this one was going to be FUN!

 

I scoured my stash to find some foliage to compliment the mood board. Dusty attic have an epic range of leaves & foliage so I'm sure you will find some to suit you. As always I lay out my elements and try to visualise where the layout will go.

 
After applying clear gesso on the background I used a 12 x 12 Stencil of a tree and white crackle paste. I wanted to fade out some of the background and emphasise the tree. 

 
After applying some water colour to the background with Sprays I used a wipe to remove the colour from the paste and leave it in the cracks. I added some definition with a water colour pencil and then spritzed it to soften the edges.

 
I did have to wait for this one to dry overnight... Wink. Once that was done I tried something a little different... I used washi tape to attach my fabric to the layout. Like with my other project this month I dipped into my old scrapbooking stash and pulled out a few forgotten gems.

Next I covered my Broken Bits with white gesso and my title 'Believe'. I applied some cappuccino paint to the foliage and rubbed a little gold wax on the tips to add a bit of a highlight.


 
I stuck down the tags, added some fibres and then positioned my photo and arranged the Broken Bits to frame where it was going to be mounted.

I stuck down my foliage and decided I wanted to highlight it a touch. I added some glitter with glossy accents to the berries on the branch.

 
I added some flowers, cabochons and art stones to finish off along with another Scrappers favourite... Enamel dots. It was great to get some extra uses for what I used to just use on a traditional page in my mixed media.

 
I used my distress inkpad to add some highlights to my flowers. I am a super messy scrapper and I  lightly rubbed the pad direct to the flower. I like that it is irregular and I never know how it will turn out.


Thanks for looking and don't forget to pop your entries in to win.
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment