Tuesday 9 October 2018

Bono U2 for Colour Blast Australia

Hi Everyone...
 I have a Celebrity Spread for you today. This was a chance encounter with Bono from U2 when I was working at Seaworld on the Gold Coast. I popped the full story on the blog in some tags I used on the layout. 


I loved doing this layout it was bright and fresh and really quick. I usually take forever to pull a project together. Using Colour Blast makes it so easy. 




I used Colour Blast Spray in Carribean and Colour Shimmer Powder in Navy to create this cross hatch effect. I used a wide nylon brush to brush vertically and horizontally crossing in the bottom left corner. 


I love the way it created little rays of sunshine in the colour. I had some left over on my craft mat so I diluted it a bit further and added some platters. I love the way the overall effect looks like a puddle and some splashes. 


I added some stamping to create emphasis along the lines. If you look closely you can see I burnt the page... OOPS!! Ill cover that up later...


Being a star studded layout I used a star stencil with some Colour Paste in Snow. I didn't want to detract from the layout so made this effect subtle.


Check out the shimmer in that paste!! I really love the way it dries translucent. All the work I created on the background wasn't covered up.
  

I use some Colour Embossing Powder in Dusty Charcoal and Sunshine on my chipboard. I didn't end up using the arrows in the end.  


Knocked up a few tags and added the story for you all to have a peek. I also used these to cover up my burn mark... Shh...


To create the title I used some Thickers that I had lying around and customised the colour to match the layout with some Colour Mica Powder in Lemon Zing.


I needed another pop of colour... but like the stars I didn't want to cover up the background. I rummaged through my stash and found some Vellum!! I used my colour artist ink SPARINGLY and spread it across the page. (I put the first layer on too heavily and it warped and buckled). I ran it through the cuttlebug to create the stars
I added a bit of string and some enamel dots and my final title. Done and dusted!!


Thanks for looking and if you try out any of these techniques make sure you pop it up on the Facebook page Colour Blast Creative Corner so I can share the love back. 
Happy Scrapping!!

Abela Artistry


No comments:

Post a Comment