Saturday 5 May 2018

Art and Soul Studio Mood Board Challenge May 2018

I am so excited to post my first design for ART & SOUL Studio. This months challenge is about using your Alphas! and while I started out with vintage in mind.. it evolved into something a little bit Industrial Revolutionary. Here is the challenge and my inspiration...



I used 7 Dots Paper from the Lost and Found Collection - Vignette for the background and Sticky notes for my Matts. In my stash I found a bunch of unused script letters  that would never have made a title so I grabbed them to fulfill the challenge obligation.  


I used some clear gesso to stick down my script card stock - (also 7 Dots Studios. Nature Walk - Cloudy). Added some Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap (Melange) to the first Layer. Then put  some modelling paste through a brick stencil and added some embossing powder to create a resist effect for the sprays.
I also distressed some notepaper and a piece of calico to offer some variety in texture to my layers. I raided my newly acquired selection of Dusty Attic Chipboards to find the perfect combination of elements to give this photo the story it deserved. We took this on a day out to the Hyde Park Barracks in Sydney where the First Settlers were housed... Therefore 'Brave' seemed to fit the emotions on the day. 

Check out some close ups of the final piece!! 












No comments:

Post a Comment