Monday 30 April 2018

Scrap the boys - April Challenge - Lets go Geo

Hi Mums' of sons, Nan's of grandsons, Sisters of Brothers and Wives of men...

I have a layout that I wanted to share and I must say I combined two mood board themes.. I used the colours from the dusty Attic challenge (sadly I hadn't received my chippes yet) and the Geo theme at Scrap the boys. Here is the challenge and my take on it! 

April Challenge - ends April 30

What I love the most about this one is how I managed to get the chipboard to marry up with my screen door... This was my sons first day of High School!





Here are a few step by steps so you can see how I managed to pull it all together!

I primed the background and put down some mesh tape. I used 7 Dots Studio.

I added some modelling paste through my stencil.. Circuits (TCW), Sprayed with my Ranger Faded Denim and Lindys flat Fabio Summer Lovin' Sun.

Used some dry brushing with White Gesso to make the texture pop and stamped and splattered

I then assembled my Chipboards and created my focal point highlighted with some Vintage Silk Waxes and a bit of black distress ink (as I knew that there was no more wet work on the layout). I embossed my crazy arrows, hash tags, date, flags and assembled. Too easy!!

 Join in with the challenge on Scrap the boys!



6 comments:

  1. Wow this is so stunning! Thank you for joining us at STB Lets go Geo challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful in design and color combination!! Thank you so much for joining us at STB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page! Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning! I love all those details in the background! Awesome take on our challenge this month! Thanks for joining us at STB this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab layout, thanks for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous layout, I love all the elements for the background and yes how cool the chipboard lines up perfectly with the door in the photo. Thanks for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete