Monday 23 March 2020

Dusty Attic Inspiration - Sublime Beauty

Hello Crafters, I feel that we have more than an few people with lots of crafting time on their hands!!

I am one of them. My boss has the office skeleton staffed and I get to work from my Craftroom!! Ooh, the temptation...

Anyhoo, I picked up this paper a while back, Jazz Club by Ciao Bella and had been itching to play with it. I love the way I got the chipboard to be the star in this layout. I have a real passion for red heads and  I love the pop in this one.


In this one I lay out my feel for the page. In this way you can say I am a planner. Before I stick everything down I scrutinise the most minute placings. You will see that the final layout has variations on this one.


 I used clear modelling paste AND crackle medium through a stencil to create a subtle background.


I used a brayer to add some colour to the background. It really didn't need it but I love my paint so I did anyway. I also used a credit card to add some directional lines. I used a Lindy's Spray with some water and added some tint to the background. I figured it would help the orange pop if I kept the background fairly neutral.


I splattered another layer of the paint with the Blue/Black and also with some gold. 


Lindys Embossing Powder and a lil bit of Paper Artsy paints!!  Delish.


I used White Gesso and did a patchy coat creating lots of peaks in my paint.Once dry I smooshed an Oxide inkpad onto the craft mat and then dragged my chipboard through the Oxide trying to get an uneven coverage.


Look at that colour!! 


 Look at that texture. 
I used a tiny rub of Metallic Waxes to the layout to bring some sparkle back into it. 


I really hope you are all safe and well wherever you are and whatever your circumstances. 
Love and light to you.


Abela Artistry

Check out whats happening in our Facebook group Dusty FANattic.



Chipboard Used
Perforated Mesh

No comments:

Post a Comment