Saturday 23 November 2019

Dusty Attic November Inspiration - Breathtaking

Hey Hey Attic Lovers!
Welcome back!!



I have a new Layout this month. I have had this image for a while and I really wanted to find something to capture the wonder. Well,  thanks to some Chipboard designed by the lovely Jennifer at Dusty Attic I could finally do it justice.

I was really naughty this month and I was so caught up in the project...
 I forgot to take progress shots. I will make it up to you.. Promise!

I used every product under the sun playing with my Chip board and stencil. Each one has been decorated differently. 
I find that it creates a lot of interest and keeps drawing my eye back to look for more. Shows how versatile chip board really is. 

To start I used my Damask stencil to lift the background with some shimmery paste. While that was drying, I used my chalk paints for Breathtaking and my Monarch Butterfly applying them with a sponge. On the butterfly I added layer upon layer to create a fade and then dazzled them with a little wax.


For my Tea Leaves I used the chalk paint as a base and used my (sadly discontinued) Dusty Crackle Glaze to finish them off. I did this in another project called Brotherly Love and fell in love with the effect. You can check it out by following the link.


I used gilding flakes on the Medallions in a gorgeous Verdi Gris.
The beautiful Paisley Flourishes (So Boho) were done in a metallic paint. I was sure to not apply it smoothly as I really wanted some texture in there so I could highlight them with my Waxes.. (Again)


I finished it off with some Flowers in Bloom, Sisal and some of my (newest) favourite boho mandala stamps.

Products Used


Thanks for joining me! If your keen to see more, check out my website!


No comments:

Post a Comment