Wednesday 20 March 2019

Fierce & Fearless - Colour Blast Australia

Hi Everyone...
Here is a fun image from Tyler's Yr 6 Farewell... We scrapped him with his brothers... Now we get to see him with his father! 
I really LOVE the way the colours came together on this one!! 
So happy with the results! 


So happy to have received some of the fancy new Graffiti Grunge papers by Michelle Grant!! I had a rifle through them and set my heart on using these for a high impact layout... 


I also got to use my new Graffiti Grunge - Do It range of stamps! 
How sexy are those stamped images?? At this stage I was pretty sure that I was going to make a hot mess of the background... So I protected it with a layer of Clear gesso beforehand.


Woot Woot... New Stencils. this time its Michelle's A4 Chain Links Stencil (Large) I really like to mix my Colour Blast Colour Paste with other colours to get a marbled effect. I love to see the way they interact with each other. I added some Colour Paste in Apple of my Eye and Just Blue. Then when I felt that they had fallen too far into the background I made them pop with some Colour Paste in Leather! The perfect metallic. 



Check out the shimmery goodness in this almost Patina like effect.


Now for some Colour Blast Shimmer Dust. I love my mini misters!! Here I chose Colour Shimmer Dust in Duke, Navy and Paris. The best part was when they blended and I created my own custom colour of Teal! Check it out below in the full image of the finished background.


When I create I have a habit of creating the foreground and the background in two independent pieces.. Then if I want to add some extra layers... Too easy! Here is the Matt I created for my photo. I inked some of the edges and added some plasterers tape and some Sisal to break up the layers. I feel as though this adds volume.


Here  am working on creating some gorgeous embellishments with my Dust Attic Chipboard and my Colour Blast Gesso (White) and my Colour Embossing Powder in Leather and Stormy Sky


This is the finished background... See the Teal?? 
I added some Paint splatters with my Colour Blast Gesso watered down and tapped my brush with my scissors to release the droplets... 
Seems too good to cover up... 
But my boys are just as good to look at!! Wink Wink!!


Here is a close up of the layers of Stamping, Stencil, Water colour and some paint splatters. #burstingwithlife 

Finally the part we all love... Putting the pieces together!!
Close ups of the finished project!!




Thanks for looking... If you have any new creations with the Graffiti Grunge range pop them up on the Colour Blast Creative Corner and I can spread some love back your way!! 

Abela Artistry - Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment