Wednesday 5 December 2018

Angel Dreaming - Art and Soul Studio

Hi there Soul Sisters...
My turn up on the blog today to share with you some inspiration.  Mixed Media canvas for you playing with some metallic paints and Chipboard. I have been eyeing off these Dusty Attic wings for a while now and wanted to showcase them in a project. 


Here is my process.. 
I started out adhering the chipboard and stones on the canvas. I also used some lace for extra texture in the background and painted it all in white gesso.


I began adding colour to the piece by layering in concentric circles moving inwards. I went from lightest to darkest and being more frugal in my applications as the deepened. 


I made sure to dilute the colour with water on the brush and applied it directly. I then sprayed a mist of water to get it too run into the deeper layers. I avoided adding colour to the wings as I wanted to make them a focal point. 


I made sure to dilute the colour with water on the brush and applied it directly. I then sprayed a mist of water to get it too run into the deeper layers. 


Once done I dry brushed some white gesso over the texture to push the colour deeper into the background.


I added some crackle paste... and a little rub of wax onto my stones.


Coloured some Cheesecloth. 


Popped my focal point on top of the cheesecloth and added some string in a halo. 



Used some Glass Glitter, Prills and Beads on my flowers. I wasn't really happy with the intensity of the embossing powder so I muted the colour with some wax. 


And a little bit of black archival ink with a blending tool over the textures.. and a bit of a dry brush with some gold paint over the chipboard. Some art stones to finish off my focal point. Here's a close up of the texture with the fabric.. Thanks for looking. 


Abela Artistry

Product list:
Lindys Stamp Gang - Bodacious Blush
Art Stones
Wax
Flowers 49 & Market - Potpourri Cerise and Hazelnut
Lace 
Cheesecloth

No comments:

Post a Comment