Tuesday 20 November 2018

In My Heart for Colour Blast Australia


I love these pic's of me and my Husband hamming it up for the camera at our Fiji wedding... He will always be 'In my heart'...
Anyway sentiment aside, I really wanted to have a play using the Colour Artist Inks and Colour Shimmer dusts to paint some pretty flowers. The rest of the project evolved from there.. 



I put the smallest amount into a palette and used a water brush to apply. I used a combination of Colour Artist Inks Grass, Cranberry, Sunset, Barley, Bordeaux, and Rust. I also used Colour Shimmer Dust Peacock and Duke. I created the purple quite by accident when I didn't wash out my blue properly...
I really got to play with pooling the colours as well as layering them.


Even if you don't have a project in mind its a really good way to get to know your product. Look at that Bouquet!!



I thought initially that I wanted to have a lot of negative space to showcase my flowers... 
Hmm, who was I kidding I don't do negative space!! 
So while this looked like it was going to showcase only the Colour Pastes in Envy, Singing the Blues and Lovely Lilac.. That didn't last long.


I used my Colour Spray in Violet hoping to get a vibrant background, however it paled with the use of my mister to create flow and also created some serious over spray on where I was hoping to attempt negative space... So in true Mixed Media Fashion I added another layer...
I grabbed my water mister and added moisture to the center of the page. I added Colour Spray in Caribbean and sprayed quite generously to create those awesome run lines... To cover up the over spray I brushed the Violet Colour Spray around the edges and created some fantastic watery effects... 



I sprayed a strip of Colour Spray in Road Base on my mat and dragged the edges of the layout through it. As I turned the page the colour ran into the project... I added some splatters in the same Road Base and then did the same with some Colour Blast Heavy Gesso White. A little bit of stamping with archival ink and the background was done. 



Here I added a layer of crackle paste and used my Colour Spray in Caribbean and my Colour Artist Ink in Cider to add some colour. I Painted some Chipboard with Colour Blast Heavy Gesso Black, distressed some Cheesecloth and then collaged the embellishments. Check out the close ups below...



Hope you enjoyed today's inspiration.  Make sure you pop up your Colour Play in out Facebook page Colour Blast Creative Corner
Thanks For looking!

Abela Artistry


No comments:

Post a Comment