Sunday 23 September 2018

Art and Soul - Journal Inspiration - Braver, Smarter, Stronger & Loved!

Morning Tribe...
Loved doing this one and finally getting a chance to play with some fluid acrylics and my brayer... 


I applied three layers of paint onto an old book with my brayer. I put the paint onto my craft sheet first and gave it a spritz of water to activate the fluidity.

I then used two stencils, both from Dusty Attic to add some interest on the background and applied with a sponge dabber to avoid bleeds. I used a cap to create some circles and added a few splatters while the paint was juicy. 

Finally got to try this colour Quinacridone Gold.. One of my favourite journal artists uses this colour and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Knowing I love earthy tones.. I am in love too.


I used Gel Medium to apply some strips of paper to the page and rubbed alight coat of Gesso onto the top so I could apply paint. The paint doesn't like to stick to the gel medium otherwise. 

I used my cap to add some more circles to try and pull the foreground into the background. I used the dark grey colour from my first layer to do this.


I dabbed some colour onto the top of the page and spritzed with water to get the paint to run. I then repeated the process with a turquoise colour to create a patina effect.


To add some depth to the background I used a charcoal pencil to outline the strips of paper and create some shadows.


I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with the circles... I still wanted to play with the fluid acrylics and picked up an off white colour and some watercolour pencils in similar shades. 


I put one coat of paint on the page as a base. I applied the pigment from the pencil and then applied a second layer of paint and then blended it in.
To finish them off I outlined the circles with the charcoal pencil and blended.


I ran a piece of string off the roll and let it fall onto the page. I attached it with Brads and stuck my title down... DONE!! 
So easy! Check out some of the close ups below and check out the full product list below... Thanks for looking!






Product used:
Dark Grey / Medium Grey / Raw Sienna / Titan Buff / Quinacridone Gold / Cobalt turquoise
Dusty attic Stencil  - Cross hatch and Checker plate
Brads, Cogs and paper strips from my stash



No comments:

Post a Comment